LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Arkansas’ Secretary of Health says do not be afraid to go to the hospital.
Dr. Nate Smith said people seem to be avoiding hospitals lately out of fear of COVID-19.
But he said hospitals are taking a lot of precautions to ensure everyone is safe.
“We want to encourage people to get the care they need. Our hospitals are doing a great job of putting in place those measures to protect the staff and those patients,” Smith said.
He said some hospitals are even screening all patients for COVID-19 before letting people in.
- Turtle smashes through Georgia driver’s windshield
- Kirk’s Korner: Sports in Remainder of 2020 Will be Anything Except Normal
- All Great Clips locations in Springfield are temporarily closing due to threats
- ‘I’m under here!’ Boy trapped under Jeep in his bedroom after drunk driver plows into home
- Arkansas non-profit taking bus across Central Arkansas, COVID-19 testing people for free