SEBASTIAN COUNTY, Ark. (KNWA) -- Early voting has begun for several races in our area.
The first race is for the Sebastian County District 8 Senate seat which was vacated by Jake Files, who is in federal prison for several charges including wire fraud.
The two candidates in this race are republican Frank Glidewell and libertarian William Hyman.
The winner of this race will hold the seat until November.
Early voting ends on Aug. 13.
Early voting has also started for the next mayor of Fort Smith.
Three men -- George McGill, Russell Wayne Haver and Luis Andrade -- are vying for the title.
Current Mayor Sandy Sanders announced earlier this year that he won't seek another re-election.
If a clear winner isn't chosen in the primary, the top two candidates will run again in November.
ISTANBUL (AP) - Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman called the son…
LONDON (AP) - Stephen Hawking was a cosmic visionary, a figure of…
LONDON (AP) - British Prime Minister Theresa May is urging Parliament…
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Arkansas Medical Marijuana Commission to Meet with Consulting Group
- Father Competes in Firefighting Competition in Honor of His Son
- Franklin County Sheriff's Office Looking for Individual Involved in Drive-by Shooting
- Silver Alert Activated for Elderly Man in Lewisville
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Mega Millions players would spend $1.6B on bills, charity
- Charles Wang, former New York Islanders owner, dies at 74
- Police applicants asked to disclose if sex assault victims
- Dozens hurt in floor collapse at S. Carolina condo party
- ESPN Top 50 Bryce Thompson felt "like part of the family" during Hoop Hogs visit
- JUCO Linebacker Caleb Johnson reflects back on Official Visit to Arkansas
- Former Clemson Quarterback Kelly Bryant talks Arkansas Visit, What's Next
- Moody and others talk about their homecoming weekend visits to Arkansas