Eureka Springs RV Fire Leaves Resident with Burns

News

UPDATE 10/28/15:

The Eureka Springs Fire Department has wrapped up their investigation into Tuesday’s fire. They say it looks like it was a flash fire caused by leaking propane. The RV’s resident was trying to light the pilot light on his stove, which hadn’t been used since around 2007. 

ORIGINAL REPORTING:

Late Tuesday afternoon, a home in Eureka Springs caught fire. 

It happened off County Road 1081 in the Buck Mountain area. 
 
When the Eureka Springs Fire and EMS and Clifty Volunteer Fire Department arrived, they found a man outside with burns on his hands and arms. His facial hair was also singed.

EMS treated him on scene, but he refused to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance. He drove himself to the Eureka Springs Hospital.

Firefighters pulled a hose through the woods to get behind the burning building and protect a goose-neck RV that the fire was reaching toward.

They were not able to reach the home because of electrical lines, but they were able to prevent the RV from being completely destroyed.

Once the fire was subdued, the crew found that the burning home was a 1970’s Dodge Pace Arrow RV that had been modified. It looked like the RV had served as a residence for quite awhile.

Neither the cause of the fire nor the victim have been identified so far.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

Watch and Win Homepage Banner

FOX24 Video

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss