IRVING, Texas (BRPROUD) – ExxonMobil is cutting jobs and the United States is affected by this decision.
Specifically, workers in Houston, Texas are going to take a big hit during these cuts.
In total, Exxon expects to get rid of around 1,900 employees.
ExxonMobil released this statement about the decision:
The workforce reductions are the result of ongoing reorganizations and work-process changes that have been made over the past several years to improve efficiency and reduce costs. These actions will improve the company’s long-term cost competitiveness and ensure the company manages through the current unprecedented market conditions. The impact of COVID-19 on the demand for ExxonMobil’s products has increased the urgency of the ongoing efficiency work.
The company recognizes these decisions will impact employees and their families and has put these programs in place only after comprehensive evaluation and thoughtful deliberation. Employees who are separated through involuntary programs will be provided with support, including severance and outplacement services.
- Hot Holiday Toys: A Turbo Charged Dump Truck, a Fairy that Flies & Baby Yoda is Ready to Bop!
- US tightens definition of service animals allowed on planes
- Man reaches through open window, grabs sleeping 14-year-old in North Carolina
- Mercy offering at-home COVID care in effort to free up hospital beds
- Newsfeed Now: Who will get first COVID-19 vaccines; La. COVID patient receives help from across the country