FHS Evacuated Due to Smoke in the Building, Students Returning Back

News

Fayetteville High School was evacuated due to minor smoke in the building on Monday morning.

Fayetteville Fire Chief Willie Watts said it happened around 10:30 a.m. 

The fire alarm went off and students and staff exited the building. 

Fayetteville fire went into the school and cleared the building.

Fayetteville High School Public Information Officer Alan Wilbourn says fire crews smelt cigarette smoke which might have caused the alarm to go off.  

Students and staff are currently returning back into the school.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss