FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — More than 3,500 rental cars are damaged or destroyed after a fire near a southwest Florida airport.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports the fire burned at a rental car overflow area near Southwest Florida International Airport.
Firefighters contained the blaze late Friday night. Another 3,850 vehicles were undamaged.
Nobody was hurt, but witnesses told the newspaper they heard several explosions and flames jumping high in the air.
- Gymbacks Close Regular Season At No. 12 Auburn
- Missourians could soon keep federal portion of unemployment overpayments
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’
- Senate Republicans delay vote on COVID-19 relief bill
- Moody Selected for SEC Community Service Team