FORT SMITH, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Fort Smith Public Schools is asking students, families, teachers, staff and community members to help share a little joy during the COVID-19 pandemic by creating handprint art for those on the frontline caring for the Fort Smith community.
Anyone can participate, and FSPS will distribute the artwork throughout the community.
To participate, trace and color your hand print.
Write “We are all in this TOGETHER!” as the greeting, and sign the artwork with your first name only.
If you are a FSPS student, include your grade with your signature.
You can begin working on your handprint creation immediately.
Drop your hand print art in identifiable boxes at each elementary school from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. during Grab-and-Go meal pick up beginning Tuesday, April 14.
Artwork will be disinfected after pick-up and handled safely.
“We’ve been trying to find some cool activities for them to do while they’re at home and this is one way where they can be involved and give back to the community and feel like they’re doing something really impactful and meaningful for those who are serving our community,” said Christina Williams, Coordinator Public Info at Fort Smith Public Schools.
FSPS Elementary School Locations:
- Ballman: 2601 South Q Street
- Barling: 1400 D Street in Barling
- Beard: 1600 Cavanaugh Road
- Bonneville: 2500 South Waldron Road
- Carnall: 2524 South Tulsa Street
- Cavanaugh: 1025 School Street
- Cook: 3517 Brooken Hill Drive
- Euper Lane: 6601 Euper Lane
- Fairview: 2400 South Dallas Street
- Howard: 1301 North 8th Street
- Morrison: 3415 Newlon Road
- Orr: 3609 Phoenix Avenue
- Pike: 4111 Park Avenue
- Spradling: 4949 Spradling Avenue
- Sunnymede: 4201 North O Street
- Sutton: 5001 Kelley Highway
- Tilles: 815 North 16th Street
- Trusty: 3300 Harris Avenue
- Woods: 3201 Massard Road
Grab-and-Go Meal Pick Up is available Monday, March 30, through Friday, April 17 at all 19 elementary schools.
Meals will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. during the week, except on Friday, April 10 and Monday, April 13.
These were scheduled student holidays.