BENTON COUNTY, Ark. (KFTA) -- Benton County justices of the peace presented a proposal to allow certain individuals to carry weapons in county buildings.
The Quorum Court's Committee of the Whole heard the proposal in a first reading Tuesday.
Arkansas law prohibits permit holders from carrying weapons in certain county buildings.
Brent Meyers and Pat Adams, two justices of the peace in Benton County, co-sponsored the proposal seeking to allow county employees and elected officials to have concealed handguns in some areas like the courthouses and jail.
It's been just over two weeks since the mass shooting in a…
A local school district is making sure its students and teachers…
Their 11th Annual Thanksgiving Feast was held at the Boys and Girls…
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Former Arkansas Political Party Spokesman Arrested for Child Porn
- Crossett Woman Attacked by Three People Says the Torture Seemed to Last for Hours
- Home Sweet Warhead: Man Re-Purposing Missile Silo into Home
- Reducing the Mortality Rate in Arkansas
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Wildfire death toll rises as search for missing continues
- Mexican man who killed wife, 2 children set to die in Texas
- Florida's ongoing partisan battle over recount continues
- Southern California wildfire roars to life in wilderness