MALVERN, Ark. (KFTA) -- An inmate death at the Ouachita River Correctional Unit Saturday is being investigated.
36-year-old Antonio Rauls was found unresponsive in his cell, then taken to the infirmary, where emergency medical treatment was administered.
Rauls was found just after 6:00 p.m. by staff at the unit.
He was pronounced dead at 6:26 p.m.
Arkansas State Police investigators were notified and responded to begin the investigation into the cause of Raul's death.
The Department of Correction will be conducting an internal investigation in to the death.
Rauls had been serving a sentence on drug charges out of Cleveland County since 2007.
Two sweet and energetic pups are ready to leave the shelter and join…
This week, KNWA and Fox 24 partnered with Arkansas Children's…
Some big weather changes to talk about coming up over the next 48 hours.
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Inmate Pronounced Dead at Baxter County Jail
- High Court Won't Hear Anti-Death Penalty Arkansas Judge Suit
- Officer's lifesaving answer to infant's cry for help
- Nearly 8,900 Don't Meet Arkansas Medicaid Work Requirement
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Threat allegations keep Coast Guard officer jailed
- Official: Oakland waiting for teachers' counteroffer
- Brothers in Smollett case are bodybuilders, aspiring actors
- Ale from 1886 shipwreck yields new brew and conflict