The City of Fayetteville Parks and Recreation Department will host a free fishing weekend at Lake Fayetteville and Lake Sequoyah on Saturday and Sunday.
This weekend coincides with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission’s free fishing weekend and is one of two annual free fishing weekends offered by the city to promote and encourage the use of both lakes, according to a news release.
Fishing fees will be waived on both days, but a boating permit will be required.
The lakes are open to the public throughout the year from sunrise to sunset but will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and from December 24 – January 14.
Here is a list of permit fees:
- Annual boating and fishing (65 and older and veterans) $40.00
- Annual boating and fishing (16-64) $50.00
- Daily boating and fishing (65 and older and veterans) $5.00
- Daily boating and fishing (16-64) $6.00
- Annual fishing/use (65 and older and veterans) $20.00
- Annual fishing/use (16-64) $30.00
- Daily fishing/use (65 and older and veterans) $2.00
- Daily fishing/use (16-64) $3.00
- Daily fishing/use (under 16 with permitted adult) Free
- Daily non-motorized boating $3.00
- Annual non-motorized boating $20.00