There will be several road and lane closures around Springdale to accommodate runners participating in the Hogeye Marathon on April 6.
Drivers are urged to use caution when traveling in Springdale this Saturday.
The event will start and finish on Emma Ave. in Downtown Springdale. The full marathon will take runners throughout Springdale, and many areas of the city will be temporarily blocked off for the duration of the event.
Click here for a schedule of events.
The following roads will be closed or affected:
– Emma, From Shiloh to Railroad Tracks 4:30 a.m-2:00 p.m
– Emma to Old Missouri 6:30 to 7:30 a.m
– Northbound Johnson Rd from Johnson Mill to Don Tyson- until runners have cleared- 7:45-10:00
– Elmore from Main St to Johnson Rd-7:45-10:00 a.m. approximate
– Hewitt from Main St to Elmore-8-10:15 approximate
– Watkins from 56th St to 48th St- 8:15-11:15 a.m.
– Chapman St. from 40th St to Carley closed to through traffic- 8:15-11:45 a.m approximate
– Chapman from Carley to Johnson Rd- 8:15-11:45 a.m. approximate
– Spring St between Emma & Johnson- 7:00 a.m-10:00 a.m.
– Holcomb between Meadow and Emma- 4:00 a.m- 1:45 p.m.
– Johnson Ave from Shiloh to Spring open but limited- until runners have cleared
– Meadow from Main to Commercial open but limited- until runners have cleared
– Kids Run- Meadow- RR tracks to Park- 1-3 p.m.