LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Asa Hutchinson will visit with the president this week.
On Wednesday, he will take part in an Oval Office meeting.
He said there will likely be a number of topics at the meeting, but he expects to focus a lot on the state’s response to COVID-19.
“It’s an opportunity to illustrate what people here in Arkansas are doing to open the economy, to get back to business, to get back to work but also how they have successfully lived through this,” Hutchinson said.
Gov. Hutchinson also plans to discuss the food processing industry and its work to keep the supply chain moving right now.
- Alabama man is walking 1,000 miles to Minnesota and wants others to join him
- Nation’s streets calmest in days, pockets of violence continue
- At least 11 killed during US protests over the death of George Floyd, many of them black
- Police shove, make AP journalists stop covering protest
- False claims of antifa protesters plague small U.S. cities