SPRINGDALE, Ark. (KNWA) - The Scott Hamilton CARES Foundation kicked off their Sk8 to Elimn8 Cancer event in Springdale.
The event was held at the Jones Center and featured free skating for all but also offered a 5k on ice.
All of the proceeds benefit cancer research and survivorship in Northwest Arkansas.
The event is a preview to the main event the Jones Center will be hosting in July that will have a special guest appearance by Olympic Gold Medalist, Scott Hamilton.
AAA predicts more than 54 million Americans will travel 50 or more…
The Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce will host its annual meeting today.
Area organizations are looking to bring cheer to…
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Searcy Firefighters Save Infant's Life After Baby Stopped Breathing
- Who Killed Rebekah Gould? Family Waits For Answers in 14 Year-Old Cold Case
- Former Arkansas Political Party Spokesman Arrested for Child Porn
- Crossett Woman Attacked by Three People Says the Torture Seemed to Last for Hours
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- California gunman's life was both unremarkable and troubled
- The Latest: Sheriff: Wildfire death toll rises to 79
- Rain could hamper search for victims of California wildfire
- Convicted murderer quiet on why he killed wife, daughters