The Ozark Affiliate of Susan G. Komen announced it will grant hundreds of thousands of dollars to programs that provide women and men lifesaving breast health screenings, education and treatment assistance.
Komen Ozark personnel made the announcement at Promise Circle Luncheon, saying they will grant $403,633 to fund six programs for next year, according to a Komen Ozark news release.
“The Ozark Affiliate is excited to partner with the 6 local organizations to provide screening, outreach, education and treatment services to women and men in our 10 county service area who are uninsured or underinsured. At the Ozark Affiliate we want to make sure that all women have access to quality healthcare, regardless of the ability to pay,” said Vicki Cowling, Director of Mission Services at the Ozark Affiliate.
Here are the six programs receiving Komen Ozark grants:
- Community Clinic (Awarded $90,000)
- Madison County Health Coalition (Awarded $63,633)
- Mercy Foundation Fort Smith (Awarded $30,000)
- North Arkansas Partnership for Health Education (Awarded $90,000)
- Cox Health Foundation – Branson (Awarded $40,000)
- Washington Regional Cancer Support Home (Awarded $90,000)