BENTON COUNTY, Ark. (KNWA) - A man from Lowell was sentenced in court today for killing his girlfriend in April 2018.
According to Benton County Prosecutor Nathan Smith, Jose Torres, 27, accepted a plea deal for 72 years in prison for first-degree murder and two counts of aggravated assault. He was also charged with committing a crime in the presence of children.
Investigators say Torres shot and killed his girlfriend over a domestic dispute.
The plea states Torres can not have contact with the victim's family or with his children until they reach 18 years old.
According to Smith, the victim's family was in favor of the plea deal.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Masked gunman opens fire on Dallas courthouse, then dies
- Couple want officers fired who pointed guns over shoplifting
- Combat vets in jury pool for decorated Navy SEAL's trial
- California police look to video after deadly Costco shooting
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Arkansas' Season Ends With Loss to Texas Tech
- Mark O'Neal Announced Monday as Head Athletic Trainer for Hoop Hogs
- Cole Joyce Makes Strong Showing at Arkansas' Elite Camp
- Tidbits from Omaha: Hogs, Red Raiders Face Elimination, Meet in CWS for the 2nd Straight Year