SPIRO, Okla. (KNWA/KFTA) — The National Weather Service survey team determined Wednesday that an EF-1 tornado occurred Tuesday night at approximately 9:51 p.m.
The NWS reported multiple uprooted trees in the area just north of Spiro in LeFlore County.
Surveyors are still determining additional details of the tornado’s path.
This marks the second tornado confirmed from Tuesday night’s storms in Eastern Oklahoma.
Our survey team has determined that an EF-1 tornado occurred last night at approximately 9:51 pm ~1 mi NE of Spiro, OK (LeFlore County). Trees were uprooted. Additional path details are still being determined. This is the 2nd tornado confirmed from last night’s storms in E #OKwx.— NWS Tulsa (@NWStulsa) November 25, 2020
- Arkansas controls Ole Miss, 74-59, as Hogs extend SEC win streak to 3 games
- Honoring Black History Month: Desegregation at Fayetteville Schools
- Walmart fulfillment center coming to NWA
- COVID-19 VACCINATION PLAN: Arkansas compared to other states
- New bill could make feminine hygiene products tax-free; legislator sparks controversy