SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Dads across the world are honoring the late Kobe Bryant with the hashtag “girldad.”
Fathers are taking to social media to post pictures of themselves with their daughters and the hashtag #girldad as a way of remembering Bryant, who died along with his 13-year-old daughter Gianna and 7 other people in a helicopter crash in Calabasas on Sunday.
Bryant was the father to four girls.
The hashtag came to life Monday night as ESPN’s Elle Duncan talked about how proud he was as a father to four daughters.
“I would have 5 more girls if I could,” Duncan quoted Bryant saying. “I’m a girl dad.”
Since then, the hashtag has taken off on social media, with feeds being flooded with photos of dads and their girls from across the world.
Bryant is survived by his wife Vanessa and daughters Natalia, 17, Bianka, 3, and Capri, who was born just last June.
- Hayden Henry Returns to Razorbacks for 2021 Season, Provides Outstanding Depth at Linebacker
- President Trump delivers recorded farewell address
- Watch Live: Bells and candlelight to honor 400,000 dead from COVID-19
- Fayetteville man arrested after shooting at house, received gunshot wound to buttocks
- Rogers man dies after vehicle hits a tree