Today marks the 30th day for the government shutdown, and officials at the Clinton National Airport are organizing an event to assist federal employees who are affected at this time.
‘Little Rock Cares,’ a citywide donation event to will begin on Tuesday, January 22 through Wednesday, January 23, at various locations across Little Rock to benefit all federal employees in need.
Below is a list of the locations/hours and the items needed.
- Arkansas Food Bank
- Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance
- Clinton National Airport
- First United Methodist Church
- NW Division Little Rock Police Department
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday, January 22: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 23: 8 a.m. -2 p.m.
- Low sodium canned vegetables
- Low sodium canned soup and canned chili
- Canned fruit packed in water
- Peanut butter
- Canned tuna or salmon
- Canned chicken
- Applesauce (not in glass containers)
- Shelf stable milk
- Dry or canned beans
- Crackers or cereal (whole grain preferably)
- Baby food
- Gift cards to grocery stores
- Gift cards to gas stations
- Hygiene products
- Feminine products
- Toilet paper
- Dog food
- Cat food