OZARK, Ark. (KNWA) – A 59-year-old man is being held in the Franklin County Detention Center after allegedly shooting another man that was living with him.
Charles Rosson, the victim, said that Ricky Curtis shot him in the chest and left arm as he was walking away from Curtis' residence following an argument on June 30.
Rosson said he was living at Curtis' residence at 8653 Barnes Road in Ozark, where the incident took place.
Curtis, a convicted felon, told police that Rosson had been living with him for a month to one and a half months and that Rosson was a drunk. He said he had been telling Rosson to leave.
On the date of the incident, Curtis said he locked Rosson out of his home and that Rosson was intoxicated and broke in his door.
After telling Rosson to leave, Curtis said he shot Rosson.
Curtis was arrested on suspicion of Attempted Murder 1st Degree, Battery 1st Degree, Possession of Firearm by Certain Persons and Manufacturing a Sch. VI Controlled Substance.
Curtis stated that the firearm used was in a well miles away from the property and that police would never find it.
While executing the search warrant on Curtis' property, police seized 25 marijuana plants that were growing at the residence as well as other evidence that pertained to the shooting.
The nonprofit organization, 'Socks & Cookies', are…
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Two Academy Awards for best picture are going up…
A toy drive is underway benefiting children of veterans.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Searcy Firefighters Save Infant's Life After Baby Stopped Breathing
- Who Killed Rebekah Gould? Family Waits For Answers in 14 Year-Old Cold Case
- Former Arkansas Political Party Spokesman Arrested for Child Porn
- Crossett Woman Attacked by Three People Says the Torture Seemed to Last for Hours
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Another House win caps Democratic rout in California
- Bloomberg donates 'unprecedented' $1.8B to Johns Hopkins
- Man who fled Texas during 2008 murder trial caught in Mexico
- Migrants get cool reception in Mexican border town