Halloween is a fun time for kids but can be dangerous for your pets.
Many children love to share their treats with the pets but it can be hazardous for your pet. Chocolate and other candies with caffeine, such as energy gummy bears or coffee candy, can cause vomiting and diarrhea, panting, excessive thirst and urination and even death.
Here are some other treats that could be hazardous for your pets:
- Nuts including pecans, walnuts and almonds can cause vomiting and diarrhea and pancreatitis which could result in death.
- Sour candies like Skittles and Sweet Tarts can cause irritation and possibly central nervous system depression if ingested in significant amounts.
- Coconut candies can cause your pet to have an upset stomach and diarrhea.
- Macadamia nuts can cause weakness, depression, vomiting, tremors and hyperthermia in dogs.
- Milk and other dairy products can cause diarrhea or other digestive upset in pets.
- Salt and salty snack foods can produce excessive thirst and urination, which could result in depression, tremors, elevated body temperatures, seizures and even death.
- Sugar in general should not be given to pets and can cause inflammation and diabetes.
If your pet ingests of these materials, take them to the nearest vet clinic immediately. Little Rock has one 24 hour ER, Arkansas Emergency and Veterinary Specialists, located at 11619 Pleasant Ridge Rd. For more information, click here.
If you can not immediately transport your pet to a 24 hour emergency room in your area, for a charge of $65, you can call ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center phone number at 888-426-4435.
ROME (AP) - Archaeologists have found in an ancient Pompeii bedroom a…
YOKOHAMA, Japan (AP) - Nissan Motor Co.'s high-flying chairman Carlos…
Congressman Steve Womack will recognize a local student for…
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Searcy Firefighters Save Infant's Life After Baby Stopped Breathing
- Who Killed Rebekah Gould? Family Waits For Answers in 14 Year-Old Cold Case
- Former Arkansas Political Party Spokesman Arrested for Child Porn
- Crossett Woman Attacked by Three People Says the Torture Seemed to Last for Hours
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Another House win caps Democratic rout in California
- Bloomberg donates 'unprecedented' $1.8B to Johns Hopkins
- Man who fled Texas during 2008 murder trial caught in Mexico
- Migrants get cool reception in Mexican border town