ROGERS, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Protests continue around the nation and here in Northwest Arkansas over the death of George Floyd.
There was a march in Rogers today, June 10.
The march started at Forrester Park by the city’s activity center then ended at the city administration building.
Local police did block some streets to ensure the group could move safely from one destination to another.
Bike patrols were also present.
“I don’t think its about the size of the protest that matters. It’s about the people out here showing their support and voicing their concerns I think is whats important,” Protestor Michael Woodle said.
About 100 people were in attendance today.
- Target to suspend in-store sale of sports, Pokemon cards over safety concerns
- 6A state baseball tournament kicks off at Hunts Park in Fort Smith
- Baum-Walker Will Be Allowed Full Capacity For Florida Series
- Parents relieved kids 12-15 can now get COVID-19 vaccine
- Sen. Rubio joins GOP lawmakers calling for federal unemployment benefits to end