FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Despite more and more COVID-19 cases popping up across the state, Gov. Hutchinson has no plans to put previous restrictions back in place.
Due to the recent spike specifically in Northwest Arkansas, we asked if he’d consider a regional approach as we continue to reopen our economy.
Hutchinson said the steps we’ve already taken have proven to be successful.
He said now that we’re in Phase One, the plan is to continue moving forward.
“We’re not going to go back, but we want people to follow these guidelines. Make sure they do everything they can to avoid the spread and we can get through this,” Hutchcinson said.
Hutchinson said he will continue to take a statewide approach to reopen rather than going region by region.
- ‘We need to get people off the bridge’: I-40 bridge inspectors make frantic calls to 911
- Biden signs cybersecurity executive order after ransomware attack on fuel pipeline
- Restaurant dedicates iconic piece of Fort Smith history
- Lowell votes to approve sales tax extension
- Stronger than ever: Kevin Kopps’ father tells about son’s tough journey