TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The University of Alabama has announced that Nick Saban has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Crimson Tide take on the Auburn Tigers Saturday in the Iron Bowl on CBS 42 at 2:30 p.m.
The university says the coach has very mild symptoms and will not be categorized as a false positive and he will isolate at home and follow all “appropriate guidelines.”
This is the second time Saban has tested positive for the coronavirus. His first test was declared a false-positive after receiving three straight negative tests shortly after ahead of the game against the Georgia Bulldogs.
Before Saban was cleared to coach against Georgia in October, he named offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian as interim head coach. No word on who will lead the team in the Iron Bowl.
The Crimson Tide are undefeated and were just named the No. 1 team in the College Football Playoff on Tuesday.
No other information has been released at this time.
- Dominion Voting System sues Giuliani over election claims
- 15-year-old dies after fight in Louisiana Walmart; 4 girls arrested
- CVS Health finishes first round of vaccinations at Arkansas nursing homes
- AP source: Biden to drop Trump’s military transgender ban
- SEC Power Rankings (01/25/21): Alabama still league unbeaten, Missouri tops Tennessee, more