LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Now that the state’s pandemic unemployment assistance website is back up and running, thousands of self-employed Arkansans are finally getting financial relief.
Gov. Hutchinson said as of noon today, 7,105 claims have already been paid and tonight 3,000 more will be sent out.
Hutchinson said if you have a claim pending and received an email this morning you’re encouraged to go online so your claim can be processed and you can get the funding.
“I’m grateful for all of those that have worked hard to get that money out and I’m delighted that money is being sent out, really as we speak,” Hutchinson said.
The governor adds there will be 60 to 70 people working over the weekend and on the upcoming holiday to handle call center calls and to process claims.
He said the best way to submit yours is online.
- Northwest Arkansas hospitals say they’re prepared for possible influx of COVID-19 patients
- Elementary students read to seniors virtually
- Vandergriff Elementary parents throw celebration parade for their kids
- Fort Smith police chief comments on George Floyd murder
- Planning for K-12 education; state considers all options for the fall