Six-Year-Old Calls 911 to Falsely Report School Shooting

News
911_1553618903291.JPG

Central Arkansas police said a six-year-old child used a disconnected cellphone to call 911 and falsely report that several people had been shot at an elementary school.

The Conway Police Department said officers rushed to Marguerite Vann Elementary School after the call came in Monday afternoon, March 25, from a young caller who said five people had been shot. Police said the child stayed on the phone but that the story was “continually changing.”

Police said officers quickly determined that the phone call was a prank but searched the school as a precaution.

Conway police said the child’s parents were home but did not realize the phone, which didn’t have cell service, could still make an emergency call.
 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

FOX24 Video

TOP STORIES

More News

DON'T MISS

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Follow KNWA & FOX24 on Facebook

get the app

News App

Weather App

Follow @KNWAFOX24 on Twitter

Mega Millions & Powerball Numbers