FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Some of the new COVID-19 cases are coming from a surge in the poultry industry.
As of yesterday, 301 poultry workers have the virus from around the state and many of those cases are from poultry companies right here in Northwest Arkansas.
A total of 69 COVID-19 cases (57 active) are reported in Benton County poultry companies and 44 poultry workers (36 active) have contracted the virus in Washington County.
Those cases include 46 active cases at Ozark Mountain Poultry/George’s in Rogers (Benton Co.) and 24 active cases at Cargill Poultry in Springdale (Washington Co.).
- Second stimulus check? COVID-19 relief negotiations continue amid spike in cases
- Fayetteville resident waiting over 2 weeks for COVID-19 test results
- House Democrats press Senate to take on Heroes Act
- Arkansas PBS expansion passed
- President Trump touts takedown of MS-13 leaders