SPRINGDALE, Ark. (KNWA) — The Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Auxiliary Post 2952 invites you to attend its first ever Family Freedom Festival.
This free family-friendly event is to celebrate the American freedoms we enjoy and will feature food, music, bike activities, military vehicles, and networking for many veteran services in the NWA region.
The event will be held Saturday, May 26 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Shiloh Square and Walter Turnbow Park in downtown Springdale.
Attend this event and learn about what the VFW Auxiliary does and how our communities can partner to provide services for all veterans.
- Learn flag etiquette and what each fold of the flag means.
- View and add your veteran to our Honor Board.
- Contribute to homeless veterans by bringing, deodorant, tooth paste, a can opener, or a coffee cup!
- Hear Marine veteran, Aaron Mankin, share his story and the importance of supporting veteran services and organizations.
- Talk with VA and community, veteran representatives.
- Discover educational scholarships offered by VFW
- Talk to Military Recruiters available
- Participate in a Bike Rodeo for kids hosted by the Boy Scouts
- Food provided by Razor Rack Ribs and the American Legion.
Vendors welcome to contact us to arrange a booth for $50 before May 1. Booths are free to veteran connected groups.
For more information contact Dorothy Cardiel at (479) 601-1319 or email@example.com.