UPDATE: FORT SMITH, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — There was liquid oxygen in one of the tanks that derailed, according to the fire department.
FORT SMITH, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — A train derailed in Fort Smith around noon today, May 28.
According to Fort Smith fire captain Ethan Millard, a boxcar and two tanker cars derailed at Wheeler Avenue and I Street.
No injuries were reported and I Street remains closed at this time.
- Washington Regional announces changes to COVID-19 clinic hours
- Safety guidelines in place in Bud Walton Arena
- Separation between loved ones over Thanksgiving due to COVID-19 guidelines in nursing homes
- Hogs dismantle MVSU, 142-62, to tip off ’20-21 season in near-record blowout
- Sevier County teen gets over 200 license plates after grandmother’s Facebook post goes viral