UPDATE: FORT SMITH, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — There was liquid oxygen in one of the tanks that derailed, according to the fire department.
FORT SMITH, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — A train derailed in Fort Smith around noon today, May 28.
According to Fort Smith fire captain Ethan Millard, a boxcar and two tanker cars derailed at Wheeler Avenue and I Street.
No injuries were reported and I Street remains closed at this time.
- Granddaughters remember their ‘Papa’ who died of the virus while living at nursing home
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- Benton County Quorum Court celebrates bigger meeting space
- Community members try police simulations
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure