FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA) — A University of Arkansas building was evacuated because of a smell that made people cough.
Captain Gary Crain with the University of Arkansas Police Department said Monday evening that the Nanoscale Technology Building on Dickson Street was being evacuated because of a smell making people cough.
Fayetteville fire and hazmat crews are on the scene accessing the situation. Nothing alarming was detected with hazmat instruments, Crain said.
Emergency responders were notified about the odor at 5:06 pm.
Police originally thought it was a natural gas leak.
Dickson Street from Arkansas to Duncan avenues was briefly shut down.
There are no injures, but a woman is complaining of her face feeling hot, Crain said.