Walton Arts Center will hold its annual VoiceJam A Cappella Festival on April 4-6.
VoiceJam is now in its fifth year.
In keeping with the goal of connecting people through a cappella, VoiceJam includes performances around the region in schools and public places, concerts by a variety of a cappella performers and workshops for those interested in learning more about a cappella.
The festival finale is the VoiceJam Competition on Sat., April 6 at 7:30 pm.
Hosted by Deke Sharon, the father of modern a cappella music, this competition pits eight groups from across the country in a head-to-head aca-battle for the title of VoiceJam Champion and the chance to perform at Vocal Asia in Taiwan this summer. Audience members will also vote for the fan favorite.
The 2019 VoiceJam competitors are:
– The Beartones – Missouri State University, Springfield
– Natural State of Mind – Jacksonville High School, Jacksonville, Ark.
– KeyHarmony – University of Central Florida, Orlando
– Green Tones – University of North Texas, Denton
– Lark – University of Colorado, Denver
– Top Shelf Vocal – Los Angeles, California
– Euphoria – Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Mich.
– Business Casual – San Mateo, California
A concert with 2018 Vocal Asia Festival Champions from Hong Kong, Boonfaysau, and the VoiceJam Varsity Singers will kick off the festival on Thursday, April 4 at 7 p.m. at the Walton Arts Center.
International recording artists, The Edge Effect, have a signature sound that blurs genres and weaves a colorful tapestry of infectious beats, intricate harmonies and spectacular vocal acrobatics. The concert will be held on Friday, April 5 at 7:30 p.m. at the Walton Arts Center.
In addition to the competition and concerts, guest judges will lead workshops on Saturday, April 6 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Each one-hour workshop will focus on the art form and industry of contemporary a cappella. You can view the workshop schedule here.
For a full schedule of events, click here.