The Walmart Arkansas Music Pavilion (AMP) has announced a partnership with Live Nation and a $13.9 million expansion project.
The five year partnership is with Live Nation, making them the preferred promoter at the Walmart AMP. The partnership goes into effect for the 2019 season.
“After our first few shows in 2014, it became clear that Northwest Arkansas is not only a great market for business but also entertainment,” said Bob Roux, president, U.S. Concerts, Live Nation Entertainment. “Live Nation looks forward to our new partnership and bringing even more first-class entertainment to one of the fastest growing regions in the country.”
Officials also revealed expansion plans for the Walmart AMP that focus on enhancing the patron experience. These include:
– A new Procter & Gamble Box Office with more service windows making it easier for patrons to purchase and pick up tickets.
– An expanded main entry plaza twice as large as the current plaza with more Tyson Concession Stands and restrooms in the area.
– A new covered plaza at the top of the lawn, which adds 15,000 square feet of flexible viewing and event space as well as private restrooms. This area can be used for private events during shows and to provide enhanced amenities for the lawn.
– Two new outdoor plazas at the top of the hill will provide two new Tyson Concession stands, 56 additional restroom stalls and flexible space for activations.
– A reconfigured Kraft Heinz Entrance on the north side of the venue will feed into the new space at the top of the hill providing additional gates to get patrons in and out of the venue.
– New tiered seating at the front of the General Mills Lawn will provide a flexible space for portable seating that can accommodate 1,200 patrons in a reserved, premium lawn section.
– Capacity will increase by 1,000, bringing the total venue capacity to 11,000.
The entire project will take seven months to complete and is designed not to interrupt any concert seasons.
Construction will start in November 2019. Work will be finished in time for the 2020 Cox Concert Series.
For more information about AMP 20/20, click here.