BENTONVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Walmart announced an expansion of its Live Better U program to include in-demand skilled trades like Plumbing, Construction, Electrical, HVAC and Industrial and Facilities Maintenance.
Along with skilled trades, the program is also offering a variety of digital skills programs that will be available to undergraduate and postgraduate associates.
Walmart also announced that all part-time and full-time Walmart and Sam’s Club associates are eligible for LBU starting on their first day of employment.
Since Live Better U first launched in June 2018, more than 25,000 Walmart and Sam’s Club associates across the country have taken advantage of education offerings, including $1 a day college degrees and free high school completion, according to the release.
- UPDATE: Arrest made in connection to Fayetteville shooting that left 1 injured
- DeWitt’s Logan Moss Commits to Arkansas as Preferred Walk-on
- CDC: More contagious COVID-19 strain could lead to spike in U.S. cases by March
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream
- Chocolate recalled after plastic found in products