Overheating hot dog roller causes evacuation at Razorback Stadium, sprinklers activated

Northwest Arkansas News

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — The Fayetteville Fire Department is on the scene of a reported fire at Razorback Stadium Thursday, November 4.

According to University of Arkansas Police Captain Gary Crain, a hot dog roller caught fire in a concession stand near Gate 14 in Section 515 around 3:15 p.m.

Crain said Fayetteville firefighters were able to quickly contain the roller that was causing a lot of smoke. The sprinklers were activated.

The stadium has been evacuated. 

At this time Crain said he’s not sure if there is water damage from the sprinklers.

Emergency crews are still on the scene. There are no reported injuries at this time.

This is breaking news. Stay with KNWA/FOX24 news as we continue to learn more.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

DON'T MISS

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories

get the app

News App

Weather App

Mega Millions & Powerball Numbers