SCOTT COUNTY, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Arkansas State Police (ASP) is investigating the murders of a Scott County couple whose bodies were discovered early Monday inside a residence south of Waldron.
Scott County Sheriff’s Office received a call around 1 a.m. Monday from a person, later identified as 35-year-old Dustin Wayne Shores, stating he had cut his foot and needed assistance.
A sheriff’s deputy dispatched to the home found the murder victims — a married couple — in a bedroom.
Special Agents with ASP criminal investigation division were requested by the Scott County Sheriff to conduct the investigation.
According to a report from police on Tuesday, Shores has been arrested and is being held at the Scott County Detention Center awaiting the filing of formal criminal charges.
- Her Set Her Sound festival spotlights female DJs
- Family finds 1 million copper pennies while cleaning out Los Angeles home
- Former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson weighs in on Trump federal indictment, says former president should end run for White House
- Blue Bell reveals limited-time ice cream flavor with a coffee kick
- RECALL: Chocolate snacks sold at Dollar General may contain peanuts