FORT SMITH, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) – Fort Smith Public Schools has set its graduation dates and plans for Northside and Southside High Schools.
At a called Board of Education Meeting on Thursday, the Board of Education voted unanimously to approve a plan with an inclement weather and contingency plan.
Details of the ceremonies are listed below:
- One graduation ceremony is held for each high school at their respective stadiums at 8:00 a.m. on July 16 (NHS) and July 17 (SHS).
- Two guests per graduate.
- A live stream will be provided.
- No faculty attending.
- Guests will have assigned seating determined by lottery.
- In the event of inclement weather at 8:00 AM, the ceremony will be postponed until 8:00 p.m. the same day at the same location.
- In the event that it is raining at 8:00 PM, the ceremony will be held at the Fort Smith Convention Center Exhibit Hall with students only, no guests.