UPDATE: The coroner has identified the first person to die of COVID-19 in Sebastian County.
Carlos Acosta Aguilera, 63, of Fort Smith, died in the ICU on June 1.
FORT SMITH, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — Sebastian County coroner, Ken Hobbs, said the county’s first COVID-19 death was reported today.
Hobbs said it was a man who was in the ICU at Mercy Hospital in Fort Smith.
He said he believes the man was Hispanic and died around noon today, June 1.
Hobbs said the death has been reported to the Arkansas Department of Health.
- Coronavirus in Arkansas: State to allow absentee ballots due to COVID-19 concerns this November
- Crawford County Sheriff’s Office searching for lost hiker
- Kansas City Royals putting cutouts of fans in stands to fill seats during games
- Video: Connecticut hotel clerk says guests beat her, called her racial slurs over lack of hot water
- Three troopers seriously injured after wreck in Oklahoma City involving motorcade for fallen Tulsa police sergeant