JOHNSON COUNTY, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office has requested Special Agents with the Arkansas State Police Criminal Investigation Division to lead an investigation into the death of a woman found outside her home early Friday.
Melinda Walker, 65, was found dead at her home shortly after 8 a.m.
Sheriff’s deputies responded to 146 Private Road 2257 near Hartman, about 10 miles west of Clarksville, after receiving a call from a neighbor of Walker’s say her body was lying in the yard.
Walker’s body was transported to the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
While awaiting the autopsy findings, state police special agents will continue the investigation keeping local authorities aware of any evidence of a criminal acts that resulted in Walker’s death.
Stay with KNWA/FOX24 for the latest.
Latest KNWA/FOX24 Stories:
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- American support for same-sex marriage is higher than ever, study finds
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- ‘C’mon, man:’ Watch SNL parody final debate’s most memorable moments