Arkansas junior catcher Grant Koch was drafted by the Pirates with the 144th pick in the 5th round of the 2018 MLB Draft on Tuesday afternoon.
The Fayetteville native is hitting .250 this season with 7 home runs and 34 RBI in 57 games. He has committed just one error in 34 attempts this season.
For his career at Arkansas Koch has a .261 batting average, 22 home runs and 90 RBI in 149 games.
Koch and the Razorbacks will be back in action this weekend in the Fayetteville Super Regional facing South Carolina beginning on Saturday evening at 5:30 with the game airing on ESPN2.
Stay with the Pig Trail Nation for more information regarding the Razorback Baseball team and its run to try to get back to Omaha and the College World Series.
The 16th ranked Arkansas Razorbacks beat Southern California…
Junior right-hand pitcher Autumn Storms was nothing less than hot for…
The Hogs new D-Line coach looks to be a good fit all the way round.
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Inmate Pronounced Dead at Baxter County Jail
- High Court Won't Hear Anti-Death Penalty Arkansas Judge Suit
- Officer's lifesaving answer to infant's cry for help
- Nearly 8,900 Don't Meet Arkansas Medicaid Work Requirement
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Threat allegations keep Coast Guard officer jailed
- Official: Oakland waiting for teachers' counteroffer
- Brothers in Smollett case are bodybuilders, aspiring actors
- Ale from 1886 shipwreck yields new brew and conflict