While Redshirt Senior Santos Ramirez adjusts, moving from strong to free safety this year, Sophomore Kamren Curl makes the switch to safety from cornerback.
"Ever since Kam has been here, he's been very coachable. I feel like safety is his natural position, and the move to safety hasn't been very difficult for him. He's gonna put his nose in the box. He's gonna make the tackles," Ramirez said.
Curl is also making strides in offseason conditioning.
"He's put on size this summer, I think he's up to 204 or 205. He's a very smart kid, and has great hips and feet. He's potentially gonna be one of the best safeties in the conference, if not the country by the time his senior year comes," Ramirez notes.
Curl had 46 tackles as a Freshman, getting valuable time, starting 11 of 12 games after Corner Ryan Pulley was ruled out for the year with a pectoral injury in week one. Curl also had eight pass breakups.
Meanwhile, Ramirez closed 2017 ranked third on the team in tackles with 63, broke up eight passes and intercepted Kenny Hill in the TCU game in week two.
Has anybody properly researched all 125 Razorback football…
An Arkansas defensive back was injured on Sunday night when struck by…
Arkansas sophomore Daniel Gafford has been named the SEC Men’s…
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Searcy Firefighters Save Infant's Life After Baby Stopped Breathing
- Who Killed Rebekah Gould? Family Waits For Answers in 14 Year-Old Cold Case
- Former Arkansas Political Party Spokesman Arrested for Child Porn
- Crossett Woman Attacked by Three People Says the Torture Seemed to Last for Hours
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- California gunman's life was both unremarkable and troubled
- The Latest: Sheriff: Wildfire death toll rises to 79
- Rain could hamper search for victims of California wildfire
- Convicted murderer quiet on why he killed wife, daughters