Libraries across Washington County are also hosting summer reading programs!
The weekly programs are free and will be held from June 20 to July 28, for kids in kindergarten through fourth grade.Recreation and fitness will be the focus of the “On Your Mark, Get Set, Read!” summer reading programs.
Special events include:
- Super Science will perform a demonstration of science that rocks (but not rocket science!) on Tuesday, June 21, 10:00 a.m. at the Elkins Public Library.
- Afrique Aya dancers and drummers share the music and culture of West Africa at these libraries on Wednesday, June 29 at the Lincoln Public Library at 10:00 a.m. and Prairie Grove Public Library at 1:00 p.m.
- Tommy Terrific will hit a home run with his baseball-themed magic show at these locations: Monday, July 25 at the Farmington Public Library at 10:00 a.m. and the West Fork Public Library at 1:00 p.m.
Weekly programs for kids will be held at these libraries from June 20 through July 28:
Farmington Public Library-Mondays @ 10:00 a.m.
West Fork Public Library-Mondays @ 1:00 p.m.
Elkins Public Library-Tuesdays @ 10:00 a.m.
Greenland Branch Library-Tuesdays @ 1:00 p.m.
Lincoln Public Library-Wednesdays @ 10:00 a.m.
Prairie Grove Public Library-Wednesdays @ 1:00 p.m.
Winslow Branch Library-Thursdays @ 10:00 a.m.
There are also two workshops for kids in grades 5 and up:
- Take a Hike!, a guided hike at Devil’s Den State Park
- Eat Like You Live Here!, learning how to make healthy snacks from local produce-will be held at participating libraries.
Space is very limited for these “hands-on” activities, so contact your librarian to register as soon as possible. For more information about these programs you may contact the Washington County Library System at 479-442-6253 or your public library.