Here’s the Updated Information on this System!
Our next winter storm is already moving into the region. Here is the latest thoughts and information.
Another power upper level low will be moving across the southern Plains and into Arkansas. However, this storm appears to be taking a more southerly track compared to the one from Valentine’s Day. This is important for two reasons
- A more southerly track means higher snow totals south.
- There will be a very sharp cutoff from light to heavy snow.
Models are showing a similar 2-part system where we see two waves of snow.
The storm system will begin to impact Northwest Arkansas & the River Valley Tuesday evening and overnight into Wednesday. Current expectations is for ON & OFF periods of snow throughout the day on Wednesday.
The snow will start to lessen over NW Arkansas Wednesday morning. The River Valley (being closer to the low) will see snow longer but everything will taper off by Thursday morning.
Latest Snowfall Accumulation
Significant impacts are expected across NW Arkansas, the River Valley, eastern Oklahoma, and SW Missouri.
TRAVEL IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGE during the storm.
Heavy, blowing snow will reduce visibility quickly. Stranded drivers during the storm and immediately afterwards, as temperature drop to dangerous numbers, are a major concern.
Sporadic power outages will be possible. If you have a generator and need to use it, make sure you place it outside in a well ventilated area to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Please check on your neighbors, especially the elderly, as dangerously cold temperatures will be around during and after the storm.
Stay Updated and Connected!
Besides making sure you stay updated on the weather, we want to see your pictures and videos of the weather! There are numerous ways to get in contact your NWA Weather Authority team!
- Social media! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We love to share your photos and videos with others! Tag everyone in your post to send it to us.
2. Upload your photos and videos through the FREE NWA Weather Authority app! You also get the latest forecast updates, current conditions, and weather alerts!
3. Send us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Visit our website – www.knwa.com/weather and click on the “Viewer Weather Photos” to submit your photos.
Of course, we will keep you updated before, during, and after this winter storm on everything you need to know. Keep it here with your Weather Authority team for the latest.